Sunday, November 7, 2010

STOP TAUNTING ME WORD PROMPT

I’m sure every guy knows the feeling

Where you want it,
She wants it.

Where you need it,
She needs it.

It’s screaming in your bones.

You could pile your lust onto her
Rupture from your skin
And break you apart.
But it
Just
Won’t
Come.
And you’re left

Frustrated.

Every man laughs about it
Because it doesn’t happen to me.

And it doesn’t happen to me,
Really.
Oh look, here’s another stanza

But when it comes to this,
Right here
These words
There are times where my mind is willing
But my heart
I guess just isn’t strong enough.

Maybe I need to do more cardio
That might help both problems.

Sometimes,
When I want to be
Piling some passion onto paper.
My every fiber
Feels like it could break
And the words should be
Bursting from my skin

But they just don't come.

There isn't really
A lot you can do.
Poetry I think
Needs some performance,
Finesse,
Skill and stamina.

Hell,
You can't even just settle on
Using only your mouth,
A flowery verse
A fancy flick of the tongue
To please the page,
Or the pretty girl,
And only later go home,
To vent your frustrations.

Okay,
Maybe you can.

But a pencil and paper
Just isn't enough fun
To everynight, only
Pile cheap passion into paper.

No comments: