Thursday, November 18, 2010

The Shit I Spew at Six Eh Em.

Sleep is always
Being hunted by thoughts
Like wolves at dawn,
It pokes through my window blinds.
Thoughts,
That wail, whorl
And scream between my ears.

Like a whirlwind of teeth
Claw, and I am stuck
On a glimpse
Predominantly of perfumed
Hair,
And the occasional thought
Of wondering what
It'd feel like,
Running between my fingers.

I guess its an improvement
Sleep or no,
A pretty lady is preferable
To the thoughts that came before,
And try to resurface
Anytime I'm up to my shoulders
In shit.

I really do think,
I'd rather lay wakeful of you
Than for any of the dark things
The blistery things
Every weepy glimpse that
Used to
Accompany a bang,
And always ending in
Dripping silence.

But then
What man is unique
That is restless?

No comments: