Sunday, December 5, 2010

Waves

I sprang forth once
And I dance,
I spread a song before me.
I see,
Learn and love.
And now as I walk
Among and through the rows
Of dreamless sleepers
Knowing that someday I will
Stop my singing, maybe even
On a sour note.
But the song will go on
Even when someday
Every tongue like mine
Goes still
Cold and then
Turns to atomic ash.

Another refrain then,
From somewhere else
A distant voice
Once more
And again.
Hundreds, thousands
Spread across a chorus so wide
In time and distances
That it boggles my mind,
But not the music.

And they'll continue singing,
Till the bits that make me
You
And everything,
Slow down
Stop their dance
Sit down
And spread out as far as they can
Across everything.

Till then,
The song will continue
With someone,
Something,
Everything singing itself to sleep.

No comments: