Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Match

Was thinking of something
To etch, into my body
Something
Didn’t have to be profound
But I’d have to be able to stand it
For however long I’m kicking.

My brain got locked
Kept me awake
On a lit match
Standing straight up
Maybe facing outwards on my right arm.
Blocky shading
Monochrome,
Something simple.

Figured maybe it’d be an apt metaphor
That I could wear while I breathe
And the picture,
Like reality
Would turn to ash once I’m gone.

But the light it cries out
While consuming
As it falls
As we fall
Through an expanding darkness
Is never extinguished,
Even long after it
Like this idea
Is dust on your window.

Which makes me wonder
How long the light I burn
From consuming,
Will continue as I fall
As it falls,
We all fall
Through this expanding darkness
And I am dust on your window.

No comments: